Sunday, January 25, 2009

Now I know why it is beautiful

My grandpa died on Thursday. My dad didn't tell me until today. I don't know how to feel about it. He had a peaceful death. My Uncle Eric was in the room and apparently right before he passed away he said, "Now I know why it is beautiful," and those were his last words. It's hard to talk about because I don't want people to feel bad, because I don't know how to deal with that either.

I read an article at work this week about an eight year old boy who lived with his dead mother for six day and whenever anyone asked where she was, he said, "She's in a better place." While under the circumstances this is creepy, it's strange how an eight year old boy can deal with the death of his mother, but I have no idea how to deal with the death of my grandpa, who I did not spend that much time with in recent years.

I'll be going to Milkwaukee on February 6th to the 8th for his funeral.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry tasha. i know it's weird/hard to deal with.those are really lovely last words, though.

Colin Welch said...

"lived with his dead mother for six days" <-- how so?

Also, those are pretty awesome parting words.

Tasha said...

Jamie: Thanks

Colin: Like his mother was a single mother and he continued to live with her dead body. The woman at the grocery store got suspicious when he tried to buy food with her credit card. He's half smart, because he was able to take care of himself, but he also failed to call anyone when his mother died.

Julie said...

:( I'm sorry Tasha.