Sunday, January 18, 2009

I want to write something happy

I looked for writing I hadn't posted yet, but everything I liked mentioned names that I didn't want mentioned and everything else I don't like or I have already posted. I want to post a happy post though, so I am going to talk about the books I am reading.

1. Bleak House (Charles Dickens): Bleak House is getting better. My professor said, "Everyone likes Bleak House." I still have 624 pages for me to become one of everyone.

2. Someone Like You (Roald Dahl): Roald Dahl has fantastic stories. They all have some sort of twist at the end, but the twists are plausible enough that they could be real, but they are crazy at the same time.

3. James and the Giant Peach (Roald Dahl): What a good book.

4. Henry's Fate (John Berryman): These are unpublished poems by John Berryman and as per my usual Berryman experience, some of them are the most amazing thing I've ever read and some of them I do not understand.

5. Selected Poems II: Poems Selected and New 1976-1986 (Margaret Atwood): The first volume of selected poems is one of my favorite collections of poetry, so I am reading the second one.

Maybe I will post some writing soon? Maybe I will continue to write about writing? It's a mystery!

2 comments:

Ben C said...

Roald Dahl is my favourite author.

A while ago I read some short war stories by him which I really liked ("Over to You", I think it was called).

Tasha said...

Roald Dahl just makes me feel so cheerful. Last night when I couldn't sleep I finished both the Roald Dahl books I have checked out. It was quite the Roald Dahl fest.