Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fermenting Apples

There is no meaning in this apple.
It could be sustenance and I imagine it
breaking down and becoming energy
like sparks of light in the stomach,
but energy too has no meaning.
It is something that moves forward,
but never comes to a conclusion.

This has no conclusion.
Therefore it has no meaning.

As a child I gave my teddy bears personalities
and they became various renditions of black and white
Snuggly bear's nose is falling off.
His eyes are scratched. This would be tragic in a human being.
He is under the bed of the floor I am not at.
He is like an apple in the sense that an apple is like a human being.

Apples are exactly like human beings.

2 comments:

Colin Welch said...

I completely disagree with what you're saying here. Sorry.

Tasha said...

Oh my goodness Colin. You decided the narrator is me. I don't agree either. I put meaning to everything, which causes a lot of problems in my life so I get bitter. I just feel like I put too much meaning on things that other people find meaningless.