Saturday, November 29, 2008

In my life the furniture eats me

I don't want to hear that I am going home in blank number of days and it's so close. I don't want to hear about being optomistic or how lucky I am that I am in Italy. I don't know what I want to hear. I simultaneously want everyone to talk to me and no one to talk to me.

Today was very strange: I went to Pisa and had a very good time. I got a picture of me holding the tower up. I ate a very nice pizza. I even had a decent train ride back. I got home and started re-reading things and taking notes for the essay I have to write and everything crashed. I did not want to read, I did not want to be in bed, I wanted to do what I do when I am really upset and cold; I took a shower. This is what I did. My mood continued to sink however. I don't know why. I didn't do anything. I was trying to work, be productive and all of that went away and I want to talk about it, but I feel like I will get lectured.

I am reading "Norwegian Wood," by Haruki Murakami. This is all I want to do.

I also have "Timewarp," by Kurt Vonnegut. I also want to do this, but I am saving it for the plane ride.

I have a poem to post, maybe I will do that.

2 comments:

Julie said...

A Vonnegut book is always a good thing to look forward to. Think about that instead.

Tasha said...

Hahaha, instead of, "I'm going home in a week," I can say, "In six days I'm reading a Vonnegut book."

I'm reading Norwegian Wood too fast, so I might have to buy another book for the plane ride.