Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I hate it when people are vindictive simply to be vindictive

I need an outlet. Not like a wall one, like the other kind of outlet. You might be thinking, "Gee Tasha, what about poetry?" Poetry is more like a wall outlet.

I have two more poems written for my poetry project, but they need some revising before I post them. I am writing two more tonight. It's becoming a collection of hate poetry. (I hate feeling hateful and thus hate the people who make me feel that way even more than I already did.)

7 comments:

Colin Welch said...

What's a wall outlet? And what's the other one?

Tasha said...

A wall outlet like where you plug things in. The other kind of outlet being something/somewhere I can expell my negative feelings. For example: some people like punching bags, but I try to be non-violent.

Colin Welch said...

Dance, sing, don't care if anyone is watching. These things can help. Something constructive? Or is poetry a wall outlet because it's constructive? Maybe the opposite, then? Destructive? Creation and Destruction are two sides of the same coin, so....

Does this help?

Tasha said...

Poetry is like a wall outlet because it makes me more emotional about whatever I'm writing about, so it's not actually a cathartic exercise.

I don't know what will help. I think I just need to go back to St. Paul.

Colin Welch said...

I use music for cathartic experiences, but that's because I have a really strong attachment to music in general. I don't know if that would work for anyone else.

Tasha said...

Playing it or listening to it?

Colin Welch said...

Well....both, I guess. I meant listening to it when I wrote that though.