Saturday, January 23, 2010

I cannot sleep because I keep getting paranoid that I am going to oversleep for the Amana Colonies and I was drinking and alcohol severely disrupts my sleep. I often dream about drinking water after drinking. Usually because I am terrible at properly rehydrating.

Here is where I am going.

I wish someone with a beard were going (like John Williams before he shaved yesterday) so they could enter the "best beard" compitition. Sometimes stupid touristy shit is so fun.

For awhile my dad and brother and I used to go to the Wisconsin Dells for Thanksgiving and meet up with my grandparents. Eventually they stopped being able to make it and so there was a year or two where it was just the three of us and a bunch of silly Wisconsin tourist attractions. We went hiking in the woods instead.

There was an article in the Galesburg paper about how much Galesburg likes festivals and things, but they are lacking one in the winter. They talked about the St. Paul Winter Carnival and how in Minneasota we are better at braving the winter.

I've been very homesick recently. I miss people. Even though I was just there, I wasn't there. I haven't been many places recently. I am working on this.

No comments: