Friday, January 8, 2010

Human beings make me so tired. So tired. Almost glad the tear flood has started. When I was little and someone would tease me, as someones often did to me as a child as I was quick to cry and thus rewarding to tease, I would always claim I wasn't crying because they were teasing me, but because of some larger problem with the world around me, something deeper they could not understand. I still do this. I'm not crying just because of the people that have failed me, but also because of all the people that have failed the people I love. I become overwhelmed with the sheer mass of it and then cry harder, because I'm not sure I can function in a world where people are this awful all the time.

I must add my normal disclaimer, that there are people I like a lot, that I have faith in.

No comments: