Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The whole time I've been here I've been shocked at how mostly well behaved Austrian students are. My opinion was entirely changed today by one class who 1) ate during class 2) talked while I was talking 3) walked around the room while I was talking 4) did each other's hair while they were supposed to be reading 5) spoke constantly in German to each other 6) went on their phones 7) took pictures. While this is a very good picture of what American schools are like all the time, it was horribly discouraging.

But on the bright side the cashier made some comment to me how it was snowing really hard (or this is what I decided she said as I can't understand Austrian German) and it made me happy that even though I come in all the time and am a dumb American they still talk to me like a normal person.

No comments: