Sunday, December 12, 2010

I just talked to my dad and brother on the phone. I am often mystified as to how I was primarily raised by my dad and spent a lot of time with my brother, as they are both very different people from me (you know, athletic, unemotional), but it was really really really lovely to talk to them. They were stuck inside the entire weekend due to a blizzard in Minnesota and I was sort of jealous that they got to be home (where I desperately want to be) for the whole weekend. Granted, if I were there I would've gone crazy and Kevin and I would've argued, but still it would be home. I always forget what little input my family has on my life. I asked them whether or not they thought I should come back and they basically had no feelings on the topic. They told me to call my mother, but I don't want to. I just want to pretend her house isn't being foreclosed and that I will go home and everything will be fine.

Side note: I had an excellent time in Braunau this weekend. Lots of food, wine, and talking. Really good.

No comments: