Friday, March 13, 2009

Literary Analysis 2

I am reverting
back to a system of grunts and moans.
My happiness expressed through noise.
Even better, your feelings.

In German,
the verb for confuse is irritieren.
Perhaps this is why people say it’s guttural.

I think about riding the train and which way
the train is going. It never seems important
once inside the train. Everything is the same
both directions. I question:
wasn’t that house with the peeling paint
and the broken screen door on other side
the last time?

I am knitting a sock.
Socks are not something I often wear.
I make more friends on the train when I am
knitting. Everyone wants to know what I am
making. People are impressed by socks.

I will get asked for my ticket.
I will grunt.

A woman on her way to Iowa
once complained about the Illinois scenery.

Moaning is too sexual to describe arrival.

No comments: