Friday, March 13, 2009

How do you like them bad apples?

Words are just too vastly confusing. Right now you are thinking, "Is she talking about her paper or something else." See? What the fuck is this? This is not a system of communication. It's a system of vagueries that we put together to form what we think might be reality, but we can't really be sure, because nothing is ever quite properly defined.

Also: I have to revise one paragraph and rewrite the conclusion of my paper, email it, return library books, and pack, and then I'll be utterly exhausted and on my way to come home. I am so excited!

2 comments:

Colin Welch said...

There is a way to be clear in communication, using words. It's takes practice, and it's quite difficult. It means erasing a lot of built up notions of how to speak and what is allowable within speech. It's an .... odd experience to try.

One could say that we live and die by rhetoric.

Tasha said...

I don't believe you.