Saturday, December 6, 2008

Last blog post before I am in Saint Paul (I think)

I leave today and I am considerably happier than last night. However, I haven't said goodbye to Jeanne and Fabio yet, which will be really sad. I wasn't very close with them, but they were always very nice to me, despite me coming back drunk in the middle of the night many times and probably making lots of noise. I will miss Fabio trying to force me to eat more when I have already eaten vast amounts of food. Last night I had seven and a half pieces of pizza (little ones, but still, seven and a half is a lot).

Here is my traveling schedule:
3:30: train to Roma. (We don't have tickets yet, I hope we can still get tickets...)
We have a hostel in Roma and then we have to be at the airport by 7:45 in the morning, which will probably mean leaving the hostel by 7:00, but I will be really nervous so probably 6:30.
Our flight from Roma leaves at 9:45AM and from there it's a ten hour and ten minute flight. We get into New Jersey at 1:55PM, East Coast time. We have a two hour layover and then we fly out of Newark to MSP, a three hour and twelve minutes of flight. Then I will proceed to run through the airport to the baggage claim where my dad and my brother are meeting me. Then we are going out to eat and then I am going to Border's to see people (Colin is working). Then I will go to my mom's house and fall asleep in my wonderful bed with my down comforter.

It's good I'm leaving. I am excited to see everyone at home. Most people don't get home for another week and a half, but I am going to visit Blair at Gustavus and Martin, Greta, and Tessa at Morris with Danny.

Now I am going to make one last attempt to find my dad an Italia bicycling team shirt.

No comments: