Saturday, July 3, 2010

I sat outside Dunn Brother's for a long time today reading a Lydia Davis book and watching people which always results in watching people watch me watch them. This woman stopped in her car in front of Dunn's and people kept going up to her and asking if she was okay even though none of them seemed to know who she was. Eventually a girl came out with a glass of water and the woman in the car drove away. A man walked by with a cane, his body shaking all over. He zigzagged like a centipede, unsure of where he was going. A surly man that looked Mexican, covered in freckles and tattoos sat next to me reading. He didn't glance up from his book once. I almost finished the Lydia Davis book. I spent a long time thinking about people and who I wanted to talk to and even more so who I wanted to talk to me. I reached no conclusions.

No comments: