Friday, July 16, 2010

I am in love with the author of the story I am reading. I will post it when I'm done.

Here is a little snippet. It's from bearparade.com. It's called "Eat When You Feel Sad," and it's by Zachary German.

"It’s eight PM. The sun is out. He sees people in the park across the street. He feels like he understands them and empathizes with them. He is sorry they have problems. He wants to help them but understands he can’t, in any tangible way, but only abstractly, by living the best he possibly can. Robert starts to drink Elephant malt liquor. He cries. He is listening to Broken Social Scene. He thinks of calling someone, and then he thinks of throwing his phone out the window, or maybe breaking it somehow less dramatically, or maybe just I don’t know, I don’t know how I could somehow make my drunken fictional self not call her while not breaking my phone, I’m not sure how I can do this. He wipes his tears. He thinks of what he’s glad about. He drinks more and more Elephant malt liquor until there is only one bottle left and then he looks at it and thinks of what he’s glad about. Robert sleeps."

No comments: