Monday, October 26, 2009

One time a friend and I had a conversation about listening to people read poems or prose they have written or anything really. When people read things that are interesting, I think about other things and then come back to what they are reading. This might be rude, but generally I find it means that I like what they've written.

I think people like bodies differently. Which may seem really obvious and is hard to articulate, but the differences often struck me in writing, particularily in writing by women.

I also think it is possible to glorify the body without objectifying it. At the same time, I think there is a point, in a certain state of mind where it becomes too much about the skin and you forgot that there is another person there or you forget they exist as more than a body.

Oh geeze, me and bodies. I just like them so much. Don't most people?

No comments: