Thursday, October 15, 2009

I always feel funny after workshop and have nowhere to vent it. I usually then stay up late too late doing nothing, until I end up upset and crying for no reason. I'm really confused. I feel like I am in a transition period. There was the summer period and the end of summer period and the beginnign of school period, but now I am in a place that is really different from all those places. Several times every week I come to the conclusion that I am asleep and someday I am going to wake up and realize I haven't thought about anything for a long time, but if I think that several times a week, haven't I realized that I am just sleeping? I got into an argument about this with the counselor last spring. I said that I was emotionally flatlining and she said that I was just stable. But I'm never really happy. I'm not usually unhappy. I was unhappy today because my bike was stolen. I am unhappy late at night a lot, especially if I have spent a lot of time in my room, but that's normal, at least it's normal for me. I want emotional variance. When I have emotional variance, I will want this stability back, but that's how it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Could we do that again? I know we haven't met, but I don't want to be an ant. You know? I mean, it's like we go through life with our antennas bouncing off one another, continously on ant autopilot, with nothing really human required of us. Stop. Go. Walk here. Drive there. All action basically for survival. All communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite manner. "Here's your change." "Paper or plastic?' "Credit or debit?" "You want ketchup with that?" I don't want a straw. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up. I don't want to be ant, you know?

Tasha said...

Okay.

Let's see each other.

I might have to know who you are though.