Thursday, October 22, 2009

Consumption

This idea of consumption is one of my favorite things, I think because I am so terrible at it. I always consume too much of anything that is put in front of me, whether it's food, drink, or people. I eat until I feel sick, I drink until I throw up (not usually, this is for example only), and I adore everyone until they are not around anymore. Last night I went out for pizza for a friend's birthday and later we ate cake. I was hungry, so I ate a lot and when we ate cake, I wasn't hungry, but ate a large piece any ways. My body felt physically larger, though in reality my stomach was digesting the food. I hate that feeling, but I did it anyways. Why do I do that? Why do so many people do that? I stepped on the scale this morning expecting to have gained several pounds, but my weight was exactly the same as the morning before. Then I wondered, does it really matter what I eat? It must, there must be some correlation between what I eat and how much I weigh, but why is it that I can eat very little and not loose weight and eat a lot and not gain weight? I realize there is probably a scientific explanation for this, but as a person overtly aware of their consumption, as I think most people, especially females, are, it's difficult.

People: I'm starting to think that we make up attachments to other people and if I just stopped imagining any sort of attachment, I wouldn't have a problem besides spending lots of time by myself. But would I feel lonely if I didn't like spending time with people that much?

It all just kind of seems made-up.

No comments: