Friday, October 7, 2011

This morning I was woken up by a leaf blower. What happened to rakes?

It's illogical the things that hurt us. Not to devalue friendships, but I tend to be less concerned about those than other types of relationships and thus it's extra shocking to me when a friendship ends, even apparently years later. It's a strange feeling to return somewhere and feel like all these people  had made decisions about you while you were away, but know how it happens, because you talk about people too and analyze them and think you know things about them and you wonder what people know about you that makes them disdain you so. Other things that should be bothersome and are less so. Maybe it's because it ended so anti-climatically, maybe because I don't really believe it's over, maybe because I know absolutely that I did nothing wrong. Maybe that's ultimately what is important, remaining blameless.

No comments: