Tuesday, February 24, 2009

These kinds of things happen when you think you are happy

I was having a really good morning, one of my classes was canceled, my birthday package from my dad came and as I was walking home with my birthday package to eat my delicious lunch of chips and guacamole my mother calls to tell me that she's really broke and she wants me to call my dad and tell him that she's going to ask him for money and oh yeah, by the way, my Grandpa Ed died last week and she has failed to tell me because she didn't want to ruin my birthday.

Side story: My mother told me about how she wanted a seperation from my father on Martin Luther King Jr. day because it was conveniently between the holidays and my birthday.

She then informed me that her parents basically gave all of their money to my Uncle Dave. No wonder we haven't heard a word from him in a couple years. She asked me what to do. I can't even keep money in my bank account and she's asking me what to do.

I'm upset the way I feel I am supposed to be when someone dies, in the way that I outwardly wasn't when my other grandparents have died, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my mother keeps telling me about how her power is going to be turned off if she doesn't get money soon. I emailed my professor and asked if I could miss class. That's valid right? I feel bad, I never miss class, but I am really upset. You can tell I feel guilty, because I need to ask for permission.

I don't have more to say right now. Why is no one here?

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sorry Tasha. That's a lot to be dealing with at once, and a lot of pressure on you. I think skipping class is absolutely okay. You'll get through it!

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry Tasha.

And hey, I skipped class for absolutely no reason today, so you have one up on me!

Jamie said...

god tasha, i'm sorry. this is more pressure than you need to deal with. skipping class is just fine. wish i was there to give you a hug. keep the chin up.