Wednesday, February 25, 2009

He always thought he was a little bit strange, he always suspected he was a writer

Last time I made a list of books I was reading I found it highly enjoyable and as I have completely started a new of set books by now, I thought I would update.

Alice Munro "The Progress of Love" : Munro is one of my favorite short story authors ever and I really love short stories so that says something. She writes mostly about women and love. Usually the women are very conflicted about everything. Make sense why I love her, right?

Sandra Cisneros "Woman Hollering Creek" : Another book of short stories, it was fantastic. Especially if you speak Spanish, which I do not. Read it for Literature by Chicanas, going to attempt to write my final on it, even though so far my thoughts are, "Wow that was really great," which doesn't actually extend into a final paper.

Larry Levis "Wrecking Crew" and "Winter Stars" : Poetry recommended to me, I enjoyed both books throughly, especially "In the City of Light" in "Winter Stars" and "Magician Poems" in "Wrecking Crew."

Margaret Atwood "Bluebeard's Egg" : I am always reading Atwood. This is my third time reading this book. It has my favorite short story ever, which is the title story.

Approximately 3458958 books and articles on George Eliot's "Middlemarch." It's 785 pages long and I don't know what it means. I am writing my final paper on the topic of marriage in the book and how it sucks, yet at the end they all get married. Yes, I need a better thesis.

That's all.

1 comment:

Julie said...

If you like Sandra Cisneros, Loose Woman is a fantastic book of poetry.