Friday, June 24, 2011

I start to think like the authors I am reading. It's like when you spend a lot of time around someone and pick up their slang only worse. When I read DFW, I get very depressed and all my thoughts become long drawn out affairs, but I still do not lose my sense of humor. When I read Tao Lin, everything becomes minimalist, not always elegant and sometimes ridiculous. Tao Lin is very fitting to a person in their 20's. It makes it easier to handle my life. Instead of having feelings, I just think stupid thoughts. Except Tao Lin's characters still have feelings, but they are just a sentence. "So and so felt sad. He ate some vegan food and drank a few beers. He texted so and so and went to sleep." I am elaborating too much. I need to get ready for work. I need to read more. If I read more I won't care about things like my mom and doing shitty things to other people and people doing shitty things to me.

No comments: