Sunday, October 10, 2010

This weekend:
Went to a crowded fair and wondered why I felt so out of place and if it was because I was in Austria or if it was because I almost always feel that way in crowded places.
When I went to sleep I kept having dreams that I was still awake.
Walked to the train station in Linz while the street sweepers were still out and caught a train.
Saw people I knew on the train and was grateful.
Met a crazy guy from New Orleans. He wasn't crazy in the fun way.
Walked around in some caves. One was really icy. The other was really big.
The best part was when they were shining bear shadows on the wall and a little kid said "Ein Bär. Das ist ein Bär."
Went to the top of a mountain and thought a lot about how I've thought a lot about the possibility of being at the top of a mountain and how it does help a lot of things. When things are so pretty it's hard to be upset.
Went back to Linz exhausted and went to a bar called Cheese. Danced to music they don't play in America anymore and haven't for several decades.
I ate a kebab.
On the way back to the place I was staying we got yelled at by some Austrians who said, "We don't speak American here."
All the grocery stores in Austria are closed on Sunday.

No comments: