Friday, October 22, 2010

I've spent a lot of my life fearing pretentious people in the arts, often deciding a person is pretentious and to be feared and later finding out that I quite like them. So I am understandably horrified every time I come to the realization that I, myself, am a pretentious person in the arts. Thus, I was somewhat hesitant about doing NANOWRIMO (national novel writing month) for somewhat pretentious reasons, the main one being that NANOWRIMO seems so unpretentious and is mostly filled with people who wouldn't ordinarily write a novel. The writer in me says that they clearly haven't suffered with their writing for years I have and then the other person in me, a somewhat quieter voice, says I should never ever think things like that. Thus, I am doing NANOWRIMO.

No comments: