Wednesday, October 6, 2010

See I keep typing messages and writing letters to people telling them everything that is going on and then I get here and am burnt out. I am really homesick and experiencing terrible culture shock. This is to be expected. I am often homesick and experienced culture shock even in Galesburg. It's somewhat worse now as no one speaks English and I live by myself and only work for three hours a day which means I spend 21 hours a day by myself. I expect at some point I will adjust more, find people to spend time with. Maybe the Spanish teaching assistant who must be experiencing similar things. This weekend I hope to go on a day trip with other Fulbrighter's in upper Austria. I am ridiculously excited for this. But Freistadt is cute. The beer is good. Everyone has been nice. I'm trying to go somewhere everyday like the grocery store or the alien registration or the store that sells toilet paper or the appliance store. Each voyage fills me with fear, but I manage. Things should be better now that I have internet.

No comments: