Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sexual assault comes up at least several times a day on campus. Yes, I think it was horrible that two sexual assaults occurred on campus, yes I think it's horrible that any at all occur. Everyone does. No one thinks it's okay that sexual assaults are happening. I don't think it's being well handled though. People need to stop being angry with SASS. SASS is one club. They had a sexual assault workshop in the fall, they are trying to bring in another speaker. There is only some much one club can do. Secondly, people need to stop posting things everywhere, on the wall, in the bathroom. I don't want to think about my experiences with sexual assault everytime I go pee. I feel assaulted by sexual assault everywhere and it's not helping, it's really not. It's making me mad at anonymous people I probably shouldn't be mad at. It's making me think about things I've worked really hard not to think about. Please fucking stop. I'm saying no to this.

1 comment:

Stef said...

I have been hearing about this from lots of different sources. And I'm pissed about what they are doing.

I don't see how being reminded of something you probably don't want to be reminded of can help. I mean, I don't need to be reminded about mine on a daily basis.