Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I just read a bunch of essays on time and punctuation. I didn't really take them in well, I'm having a hard time thinking clearly do to my bodily state, but they were still interesting. Time feels relative, right? Like right now it's taking forever because I'm waiting for German Club and then I'm going to Walgreens to pick up antibiotics, which I am really excited for. But time also feels relative in relation to the past. Somethings seems really far away and somethings still seem close, even though they are equally distant in the technical sense of time. Mostly the essays were talking about how this gets transcribed in poetry. How does one slow text down like time is slowed? How does one transcribe one time over another time? Why do things still bother me that shouldn't bother me?

No comments: