Monday, September 21, 2009

It is like having a book out from the library. It is like constantly having a book out from the library

I always think a lot when I work out. I like gyms because they baffle me. Working out is an intensely intimate situation. People wear very little clothing, they are sweating, people make noises. It could be equated with having sex. Yet, we expose ourselves to lots of people while we do this. We put aside our vanity in order to have vanity. I recognize that not everyone goes to the gym for vanities sake. I also acknowledge that the main reason I go to the gym is for vanity.

Today I saw someone both in the gym and at History Club, but we made no acknowledgment that we had seen each other earlier that day, because earlier we had been working out and I had been red faced and sweaty because I haven't worked out for a long time.

On the way to the gym I saw a girl kissing a boy on the neck. I had heard gossip about them a few days earlier. It was like witnessing gossip. The sad thing was, I know they aren't happy.

One time a friend and I were talking about our passive aggressive punishments. When we get mad, our version of getting angry is to ignore the person that we're mad at. The problem is, those people never notice. I'm not angry at anyone, so don't think that. It's just that whenever I distance myself, I always want the people I am distancing myself from to notice that I have disappeared. But those people never do.

I lied. I am angry, but I'm probably not angry with you. To my knowledge, the person I am angry with doesn't read this. Those people never do.

Well, some of those people do.

But when they aren't people anymore they stop.

No comments: