Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I could delete the last post, but it was written in a moment of passion of the fear of losing my cat. My dad wants to get rid of my cat because he scratches up the furniture. I am very attached to my cat. My cat is very attached to me. My dad wants to get rid of him sometime in the next couple of months.

So school.

My apartment is nice. The livingroom is oddly shaped. The kitchen is fully functional. My room looks really good. I hung my pictures, moved the bed by the window. I'm happy to see people that I haven't seen for awhile.

My window looks out onto the Science and Math building, which we call SMC (pronounced smack). SMC is one of the least attractive buildings on campus. Not to say it's unattractive, it just less appealing than the other buildings on campus. I like to have my blinds open. My bed is right next to the window. What this means is that in the mornings all of the SMC students will be able to see me sleeping.

SMC is interesting. I went there today to get my internet working and the computer center is in the basement. To get there I walked by all these storage units that had things like "fairy dust," "the missing link," "first years."

Driving was a cultural experience. There is this one area on I-80 in Iowa where all the cars drive in the left lane and all the trucks drive in the right lane and the only time anyone changes lanes is to pass people in the left lane. I like how when you drive with the same cars for a long time you form a bond with them. When I passed into Iowa the people in the car in front of me waved their hands in the air in joy (they were from Iowa). Leaving Minnesota felt right in the way that it felt wrong. I had Dunn's and Breadsmith, a Minnesota tattoo on my foot, and I was listening to music made in Minnesota.

I'm glad to be back. I just needed to be somewhere different. Here is not necessarily the right place, but it works.

Galesburg has a new bookstore. It's oddly shaped, but for a small bookstore it seems to have a good selection of books. Also, it has free wireless and tea and coffee. I'm really glad Galesburg has a bookstore.

That's all. I actually am really optomistic, even if I don't seem like it. I know things are going to get better. I just have difficulty taking bad things right now. Sometimes I'm slightly fragile and sensitive. You know, just sometimes and slightly.

1 comment:

steffington said...

As a SMC rat, I have to say, I never looked into the windows of the apartments while walking there.

Also, the basement is very creepy. And it is unattractive because it's basically a swastika.

My captcha was flogra..what?