Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Books I have read recently:

Bossypants by Tina Fey
It was funny. It was like watching 30 Rock, only in writing. I didn't think it flowed very well, especially towards the end. I could tell writing sketches was her thing. The best parts were really short sections about her childhood. It was worth it for the laughs.

The Hunger Game by... I don't remember
Okay, so I read the first book yesterday morning and it was really enjoyable. Not good, enjoyable. It's about the future where these teenagers are put in an arena and have to be the last one alive. Then I decided to buy the second book because the protagonist's life was still threatened! The quality of writing decreases with every book and it wasn't very high to begin with, but the second book was engaging enough so I bought the third book and now I am just annoyed with the protagonist. She acts all oblivious, but all these boys are in love with her and she just leads them on all the time. She will kiss them and be like "Oh, I'm confused" and they still love her! In real life the boys would be like "You're kind of hot, but I have commitment issues" and leave her to die in the arena. Every time she tries on a new outfit, everyone, including her, oh and aw over how hot she looks, like she is completely transformed with every outfit change. I told this to Ben Corner and he accurately said "Yeah, because girls never look at themselves in the mirror," and I have to admit that he's right. I do spend a lot of time looking in the mirror, but usually to see how noticeable my squishy parts and pores are and sometimes I get confused when boys kiss me, but usually they move on pretty quickly and I've never had two boys in love with me at once, just two boys in like with me at once and they got over that pretty fast. Maybe I am just annoyed with the protagonist because I see all her narcissistic traits in myself. Here is a narcissistic picture of myself:

1 comment:

Katie said...

Damn reverse chronology! Nevermind the book recommendation for Bossypants I put before (or more recently, uuuuhhhhhhhh time is hard),