Sunday, January 9, 2011


I went back to Italy after two years of being away. Italy seems to be a place I am continuously returning to though I have so many problems with it. This time I just went to Venice. Venice is distinctly different from other part of Italy in terms of the food they eat and the fact that the whole city goes to bed around 10pm. I understand the appeal of Italy. Every day we woke up and got breakfast (usually a sandwich, but one day I got a pastry and it was so good) and then walked around, getting lost and seeing museums and things until 2pm when it was pizza time. The pizza is so much better then pizza in Austria. Austria has the worst pizza of any country I’ve ever been to.

The first night I got too drunk and threw up. This was confusing to me. I didn’t feel overly drunk. I didn’t fall into a canal or do anything ridiculously stupid. I remember saying “It’s this fucking country, always make me vomit” as I was bent over the toilet. This means I made it three days into 2011 before throwing up. Really good.

I didn’t appreciate the Peggy Guggenheim last time, but this time I was in love. I get this tingly feeling all over when looking at art I really like. We heard this intern give a history of her life and it was really interesting. I really want to be Peggy Guggenheim. My life feels so incomplete because I am separated from artists of all kinds. Luckily on the return home, I found a large package of cookies and a kneeded eraser from the Art Academy.

I am sick now. I blame the dirtiness of Italy.

1 comment:

MaRoGrah said...

Yessss Peggy Guggenheim and pizza. Go us.