Sunday, August 15, 2010

I woke up feeling really happy. It might be the prospect of breakfast, but then again most of my happiness comes from consumption. I'm so glad Elizabeth is in town. There are just some people in the world that a person can go without seeing or talking to for a long while and then when they come back it is good again. Last night we went and looked for meteors. We stared at the sky, shivering because it had just rained and both of us get cold easily. We saw some blinking. We decided those must be meteors! One of the blinking lights looked distinctly like an airplane, but we decided it was a meteor any ways. Then, this light shot across the sky and we realized that everything we had seen in the sky before were probably airplanes on the way back to the MSP airport. We are not very good at meteor identification.

Work is almost done, I have five classes left to teach for the summer and then I have no work until I leave for Austria. I want to visit Chicago and Knox. Knox might not happen, but we will see. I want to have lots of fun, I want life to feel so good when I leave so that when I go, I feel wholly satisfied with everything that I am living.

No comments: