Friday, March 12, 2010

Yesterday I was talking with Julia gaining weight and I said, "I mean when I weigh myself I weigh the same, I just feel fatter," and she said, "Usually when people say they've gained weight it means when they step on the scale the number is higher." I think there should be two ways of measuring yourself, the physical weight and the mental weight. Mentally I feel really heavy right now even though I weigh four pounds less than I did when I came to school (I had a stomach ache for about a week, lost seven pounds and gained three of them back and I've consistantly hovered around that weight since). It's an end of winter thing. I feel like all I did all winter was sit around and eat. Not that I'm really unhappy with myself or anything, just generally most people would like to be thinner. I realized that when I can see body parts easier I tend to like them more, except for my thighs, but I like my calves and my lower arms. I suppose it helps that I can see the thin parts of myself (again, except for my thighs, hence why I don't like them. Does anyone like their thighs? I don't think so).

Tomorrow I'm going to Wales. That is so strange. I always think about how I look more when I am about to go somewhere very different. The same people at Knox and in St. Paul see me over and over and over again, so it's not really novel. But in Wales, I am going to be a completely different human being. Even though atleast thirty-something Knox students will also be there with me.
Here's what I think when I think about Wales:
My body by the sea
My body in a bar
My body being bored at some castle because my professor talks too much
My body sleeping in the bus
My body being pulled out of sleep, too hungover, in a hotel and on a bus.

No comments: