Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Everyone has some phase in life where they are obsessed with something. Like a band or a movie or a person, but I'm more talking unobtainable obsessions. With the advent of facebook and other such sites, we can witness the obsession of others. I just woke up from a nap and so my thinking might be fuzzy, but I started to wonder if these obsessions are actually saitsfying. To be so in love with something that will never love you back. It seems rather silly. I say this while knowing I have my own obsessions, authors that I love too much, but still. They are not my life. I think though, the degree of obsession in other people interests me a great deal.

I think I'm looking for something satisfying. I have no great obsessions currently. There are people I find interesting, I'm reading good things, but I don't know if this is something that can sustain me.

Maybe this weekend. I say that before every weekend, before every term. But maybe. Because I am satisfied, sometimes. I just tend not to state it when I am, but rather I state it when I am not.

No comments: