Monday, June 8, 2009

The Problem with Sundresses

I'm starting to think everyone is beautiful,
which makes this overabundance of legs difficult.
There's only two right? Two for each torso and each-
Legs are almost more difficult than shoulders
except when they are bare and back-faced.
They say that when someone touches your
hair, that means they life you, but
I think everyone is beautiful which means that
I should drop out of college and become a hair stylist
and dedicate my fingers to cutting with love
and dropping love all over the tiled floor
and sweeping it into a bag and this is why people used to make
jewelry out of hair, because they like people so much
they want to pin it to their chest.

But I can't tell you about how I want
to collect you between bristles, glue your golden strands
to a balloon and make you a sculpture.
The only thing I ever liked so much was human skin, sadly
the least sincere of all organs.
Maybe if it were like the liver it could process all this contact.
I think everyone is beautiful and so I should be indifferen to which skin,
whose skin, because I'm starting to think I like it equally well.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I quite like this poem Tasha.

Carolyn said...

I realize this is a bit late, but I really like this poem.