Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Chain Letter to my Loves

1.
You have a body
and I have a body
Let's have a body party
because these other names are lies.

2.
We are like male cats
on the street. They leave their piss stains
to mark their desires. The color yellow
makes us hungry.

3.
It is more sincere than I
can say.
So I don't say anything at all.

4.
This is too gutteral to make distinctions.
My last dog moaned when pet in the right spot.

5.
Most people are in love
with the idea of people in love with them.
I am in love with the idea
of being in love with you.

6.
I consider sending a chain letter
I am in love with you
and four other people.
Forward this to five people you love
Do not return to sender


7.
When I was thirteen I met a boy
from Canada while in the Bahamas.
I love him best.

8.
When you are a plurality
you are nicer.

9.
To say it meant nothing
would be a lie, yet this is what I do.
I like this subtle intertwining
that only means what I ascribe to it.
I have no use for the singular snowflake:
I am not a duck.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

i like this, it makes me say yay! and incidentally, if anyone were to say anything remotely close to #5 to me, i'm pretty sure i would flat out swoon.