Thursday, June 25, 2009

I tried to write five poems while at Dunn's tonight, but I wrote a few lines and then turned the page and tried to start again. I keep thinking that everything is articulate and defined in the way that nothing is really defined at all and that's how I want it to be, but nothing is articulate really. I am interpreting how I feel. The nice thing about bodies is they tell you when things feel right and my body keeps sending me mixed messages in that they aren't really mixed at all. This is why nothing comes out properly. That is making everything sound more serious than necessary.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

my sympathies, i too am suffereing from this poetry writing problem.

Colin Welch said...

I have a different problem... verse comes easily, but a defined poem does not.

There is language that comes to me that is a part of the poetic fabric of my life, and then there is language that comes to me that is poetry.

I can't always make the two mix, as the former isn't understood without knowing me, and (thanks to P-Modernism), the latter can only be understood without me.