Friday, October 31, 2008

Thoughts in the Morning

I have a question. This is just a question I was pondering, not something that has serious implications in my life, or even very many implications at all. At least right now. It's going to take awhile for me to state this so bear with me: How much does the number of times a person says something or the number of people a person says or feels something for, affect the quality or sincerity of this thing? For example: let's say (and this is real), I have friends at home and friends and school, does having friends in lots of places take away from things I feel for people in other places? Example two: "You are the most beautiful girl in the world," "Have you told that to other girls?" "Yes, but that was before I met you." Does that mean the statement isn't true? This is just something I was thinking about, because I tend to disregard a lot of things people say, on the basis that they've probably said it to a plethora of other people, making it less true, and I don't know if this is a logical thing to do or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I often wonder about the same thing. It depends a lot upon the person who's saying it and whether they just say those kind of things without thinking, and without meaning. But if they are sincere, I think that maybe the part of someone that questions the worth of something said by some person just because it was said to another, probably comes from some sort of jealousy or insecurity. But, like I said, it also depends upon the type of person saying it, which is where I think action comes in. If someone really, really thinks something special about you, then their actions should reflect what they say, otherwise it's just words. I also think that someone who means something like that should be able to still say it without having anything to gain from it, other than perhaps the contentment of the person they're saying it to. I know that's all very idealistic, but I think that, at least for me it is true.