Thursday, October 23, 2008

I was feeling left out

Julie and Martin have been prolific bloggers this week and I felt left out. I don't really have anything to say though. I crashed yesterday. I fell asleep in class and then went home and slept from 4:30 till 8:15 and from midnight till 7:30. Yeah, I really crashed. I spent a lot of time last week thinking. It was good thinking though, not detrimental or self-deprecating. I was trying to figure out what I wanted. Now I'm back and I'm trying not to think again.

I have midterms, and while they aren't very long, I'm really nervous for them. I've forgotten how to do school. I can't write formally anymore, I can't even speak formally anymore. Strangely, the assigment I wrote on Sunday night after getting back from Amsterdam got a better grade than the assignment I slaved over for a few hours. It kind of makes me wonder what the point is.

I don't know if I will be able to have any creative writing classes this year. I have to take one German class in the winter and two in the spring, which only leaves time for three other classes this year and two of them are 300 level literature classes, but one only gives me credit for gender and women's studies (Exploring literature by Chicanas). I hate not having a writing class. I need someone to force me to write. I need a little room where I can be locked in.

No comments: