Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sleep test:
It's weird getting to a medical center at 9pm. Everything is very closed and silent and even though you know you are supposed to be there, you still feel like an intruder.
Then I had to change into my pj's, or my "pjs" since normally the most I sleep in is a t-shirt and underwear. Sometimes I go without the t-shirt or underwear, so wearing shorts over my underwear was a big struggle for me.
I got to try out a sleep apnea mask in case I  had sleep apnea, which thankfully I don't because that mask was crazy.
I got awkwardly wired up. The most awkward one was the one under my left boob, where I had to lift my shirt and breast up for him to put the wire there. I also have wire in my hair which they put in with sticky white stuff causing my hair to stick up in funny directions. I look so hot. I considered taking a picture, but I am just too attractive right now, it would be overwhelming. On the bright side the thing that went up my nose and the things on my legs and around my chest and stomach have been removed and now I just have this fun necklace that the wires attach to. By fun I mean giant box.
Then I watched five minutes of the Teen Wolf finale. I am hoping the episodes are online and I can catch up today.
Sleepy time! They tell you in the literature that despite all the wires people actually sleep very well. Not true. Normally I am a great sleeper and conk out really fast (or have insomnia for several hours, one of those). Instead I awkward try to lay in my normal position with wires everywhere could only think "I wonder what their results are saying right now!? Am I in REM sleep?! Are my eyes moving fast? Would I be able to tell if my eyes are moving fast? Is this a dream or my imagination? I clearly don't have a sleep disorder because I am not sleep yet. I sort of have to pee, but then I have to call for the guy and I am too committed to sleep at this point to talk or open my eyes." *Repeat cycle for what seemed like several hundred times.
In the middle of the night I actually did wake up to pee and then I was up for what seemed like hours, but was probably like ten minutes thinking the same thoughts and trying to figure out my plans for the next few days because that is really important to do in the middle of the night.
Then, at what seemed like 2AM, but was actually 6AM I was awoken and had to pee in a cup, get dressed, fill out questionnaires, and order breakfast and lunch. Now I alternate doing nothing and napping for undisclosed periods of time. I wish they hadn't told me they were undisclosed. Now I am going to sit awake going "I wonder how long I get to nap for. What if I don't fall asleep during my nap time? I wish I could watch Teen Wolf right now."

No comments: