Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Life has been getting to me in this awfully good way recently. Awfully good, like it's really awful that these things are getting to me and really awful like they are getting to me a lot.

It's weird when parents drop their kids off at art class for the first time. They usually give them a hug and kiss them on the cheek when they are only leaving them for an hour and a half. I don't know if I could handle having children. One of my favorite stories by Joyce Carol Oates talks about how painful love is between a mother and her child. I think the best part goes something like, "The worst thing: to give yourself away for not enough love."

But at the sametime those children are darling.

When you're looking for it, people are quite appreciative of one another. Mostly physically, but the other ways are harder to find.

I laughed so hard today.
I cried several times last week.
It's regression in the opposite way of the spring.
In the spring my body tingled, quite literally. I liked to watch tv shows that were about nothing. I didn't cry at all, except in the shower. I am so vulnerable in the shower, but I don't think it has to do with nudity. Often I feel like vulnerable when naked.
I am such a goddamn sensitive person all the time.

I don't like it when people have mundane voices.
With the most attractive people I can always pin point a moment where they sounded amazing.

This is getting far too sentimental.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

"When you're looking for it, people are quite appreciative of one another. Mostly physically, but the other ways are harder to find."i think this is very true, and for me very reassuring.