Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm in Norway, Michigan. Last night we saw most of the town gathered to play volleyball. When my brother asked my dad why so many people were playing, my dad said, "What else would they do here?"

I know I say this everytime I go through small towns, but it's a surreal experience. Yesterday my dad was driving around trying to find a good running spot and we drove past this house that was falling down that had "No trespassing" signs all over. It looked haunted from the road.

Today is our second day of driving. Some of my relatives will be at my cabin that I haven't seen since I was a small child. That's always rather nervewracking. What if I am not living up to the expectations of me that were given then? But I am excited.

Driving in the car is making me think a lot and listen to music a lot, which is turn is making me think more. My thinking isn't really going anywhere. I have nothing big to ponder, except I keep feeling like I am making mistakes, and I don't like to think about that because there is nothing I can do now.

I am just pretending that I will go home and everything will be good. This could happen.

Text me if you need me. Text me if you are bored. Lack of contact with people is making me feel more isolated than I literally am.

I started writing a story this morning.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Did you know that there is a Finland, Minnesota?